...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT SUNDAY... THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, AIR QUALITY DIVISION AND THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. WHAT...AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR WILDFIRE SMOKE. WHERE...EASTERN CARBON COUNTY, LARAMIE COUNTY AND SOUTHERN HALF OF ALBANY COUNTY. WHEN...NOW THROUGH NOON MDT SUNDAY IMPACTS...HEAVY SMOKE FROM LOCAL WILDFIRES IN COLORADO AND WYOMING PLUS THE WEST COAST MAY CAUSE HEALTH EFFECTS TO SENSITIVE GROUPS. HEALTH INFORMATION...THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RECOMMENDS THE ELDERLY, YOUNG CHILDREN, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS AVOID EXCESSIVE PHYSICAL EXERTION AND MINIMIZE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES DURING THIS TIME. WILDFIRE SMOKE IS MADE UP OF A VARIETY OF POLLUTANTS, INCLUDING PARTICULATE MATTER AND OZONE, WHICH CAN CAUSE RESPIRATORY HEALTH EFFECT. ALTHOUGH THESE PEOPLE ARE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO HEALTH IMPACTS, THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ALSO ADVISES THAT EVERYONE SHOULD AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO POOR AIR QUALITY CONDITIONS. CURRENT CONDITIONS...THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, AIR QUALITY DIVISION OFFERS NEAR REAL-TIME AIR QUALITY DATA FOR WYOMING'S MONITORING STATIONS AND HEALTH EFFECTS INFORMATION TO HELP THE PUBLIC INTERPRET CURRENT CONDITIONS. CURRENT AIR QUALITY CONDITIONS ACROSS THE STATE OF WYOMING CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.WYVISNET.COM/
...CRITICAL FIRE CONDITIONS EXPECTED FRIDAY FOR MOST OF SOUTHEAST WYOMING DUE TO GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES... ...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM MDT THIS EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, AND 310... * AFFECTED AREA...FIRE WEATHER ZONES 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309 AND 310. * WIND...WEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS 35 TO 40 MPH. * HUMIDITY...10 TO 15 PERCENT. * HAINES...5 TO 6. * IMPACTS...ANY FIRES THAT DEVELOP WILL LIKELY SPREAD RAPIDLY. OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT RECOMMENDED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A RED FLAG WARNING MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EITHER OCCURRING NOW...OR WILL SHORTLY. A COMBINATION OF STRONG WINDS...LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY...AND WARM TEMPERATURES CAN CONTRIBUTE TO EXTREME FIRE BEHAVIOR. &&
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Mullen Fire near Rob Roy Reservoir grows to 4,000 acres
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Laramie County, Wyoming
- Cheyenne ranks 36th on Money's 50 Best Places to Live list
- Active cases of COVID-19 in Wyoming up for third consecutive day
- Frontier Gymnastics to close due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Lawmakers advance road usage charge proposal as potential solution to WYDOT funding woes
- Cheyenne teenager makes history as Wyoming’s first female Eagle Scout
- After acquisition, Cheyenne-based Green House Data changes name to Lunavi
- Active cases of COVID-19 increase by 12 with 65 new confirmed cases in Wyoming
- Laramie County DA: Budget cuts having “devastating effects” on local community