STRAWSis a documentary that charts the history of straws and continues to present-day issues that surround our current culture’s obsession with single use conveniences. Used once and tossed, billions of non-recyclable plastic straws are used annually, winding up in landfills, littering streets, and finding their way to oceans. The Ocean Conservancy ranks straws as the number five most popular collected item at beach cleanups. The program will be led by Kelly Wright, the head of the Wyoming Inland Ocean Coalition. Participants will leave with SWAG!
(Adults; Sunflower Room)
- Another Sweetwater County coronavirus-related death confirmed; statewide total at 23
- NJCAA honors local athletes for academics
- LCCC balances $93.3 million budget, freezes employee raises
- Police blotter 7-16-20
- King Soopers to require face masks when customers enter stores
- Johnson Pool to go reservation only starting today
- Collaboration, grant open opportunity for more peer specialist training
- Wyoming State Bar offers additional dates for bar exam
- WYDOT receives $35,000 grant to help prevent high-risk impaired driving
- Albany County wildfires largely contained
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.