...CRITICAL FIRE CONDITIONS EXPECTED THURSDAY AND FRIDAY FOR MOST OF SOUTHEAST WYOMING DUE TO GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES... ...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 310... * AFFECTED AREA...FIRE WEATHER ZONE 310. * WIND...WEST TO NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH. * HUMIDITY...10 TO 15 PERCENT. * HAINES...5 TO 6. * IMPACTS...ANY FIRES THAT DEVELOP WILL LIKELY SPREAD RAPIDLY. OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT RECOMMENDED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A FIRE WEATHER WATCH MEANS THAT CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP. LISTEN FOR LATER FORECASTS AND POSSIBLE RED FLAG WARNINGS. &&
...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT THURSDAY... THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, AIR QUALITY DIVISION AND THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. WHAT...AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR WILDFIRE SMOKE. WHERE...LARAMIE COUNTY, SOUTHERN ALBANY COUNTY, AND PORTIONS OF CARBON COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST WYOMING. WHEN...NOW THROUGH 12 PM MDT THURSDAY. IMPACTS...HEAVY SMOKE FROM LOCAL WILDFIRES IN WYOMING AND COLORADO. HEALTH INFORMATION...THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RECOMMENDS THE ELDERLY, YOUNG CHILDREN, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS AVOID EXCESSIVE PHYSICAL EXERTION AND MINIMIZE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES DURING THIS TIME. WILDFIRE SMOKE IS MADE UP OF A VARIETY OF POLLUTANTS, INCLUDING PARTICULATE MATTER AND OZONE, WHICH CAN CAUSE RESPIRATORY HEALTH EFFECT. ALTHOUGH THESE PEOPLE ARE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO HEALTH IMPACTS, THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ALSO ADVISES THAT EVERYONE SHOULD AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO POOR AIR QUALITY CONDITIONS. CURRENT CONDITIONS...THE WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, AIR QUALITY DIVISION OFFERS NEAR REAL-TIME AIR QUALITY DATA FOR WYOMING'S MONITORING STATIONS AND HEALTH EFFECTS INFORMATION TO HELP THE PUBLIC INTERPRET CURRENT CONDITIONS. CURRENT AIR QUALITY CONDITIONS ACROSS THE STATE OF WYOMING CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.WYVISNET.COM/
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Mullen Fire near Rob Roy Reservoir grows to 4,000 acres
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Laramie County, Wyoming
- Protestors gather at state Capitol in opposition to mask mandate in schools
- McCormick student tests positive for COVID-19
- Frontier Gymnastics to close due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Lawmakers advance road usage charge proposal as potential solution to WYDOT funding woes
- After acquisition, Cheyenne-based Green House Data changes name to Lunavi
- Cheyenne ranks 36th on Money's 50 Best Places to Live list
- Active cases of COVID-19 increase by 12 with 65 new confirmed cases in Wyoming
- Another 73 new confirmed cases increases active cases to 654