...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST THURSDAY... * WHAT...West winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph expected. * WHERE...Central Laramie County including the city of Cheyenne, the Interstate 80 corridor between Cheyenne and Pine Bluffs, East Platte County including the cities of Wheatland and Guernsey, and Goshen County including the city of Torrington. * WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 11 AM MST Thursday. * IMPACTS...Mainly to transportation. Strong cross winds will be hazardous to light weight and high profile vehicles, including campers and tractor trailers. There will be a high risk for vehicle blow overs. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strongest wind gusts are likely to occur from today into this evening. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive. &&
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Local wind speeds highest in decades, drought expected to continue
- Hitching Post Inn catches fire early Friday morning
- Wyoming GOP highlights "outcry" of opposition in response to Cheney’s vote to impeach
- Cheney votes to impeach Trump, drawing some local, D.C. pushback
- First COVID-19 “UK Variant” case identified in Wyoming
- Applications to open soon for Shuttered Venue Operators CARES Act grants
- Current status of COVID-19 in Laramie County, statewide
- Local man arrested for attempted murder
- New bills would require owners of impounded animals to pay for cost of care
- Cheney gets backlash from own party