The Wyoming Business Report has been honoring influential women across the state of Wyoming since 2013. Join us as we continue to navigate in one of the most complex times in Wyoming history and nominate a deserving female leader for a 2021 Women of Influence honor.
We have established 17 categories, covering all major industries. Do you know a woman who exemplifies leadership, creativity, ethical business practice, innovative thinking, unquestionable character, and more?
Nominations open on Monday, August 16th and close on Friday, September 10th.
Use the on-line nomination process and we will take it from there!
Rules and Eligibility
Both first-time candidates and women who have been nominated previously (but who did not win) may be nominated again. Nominations must be received by midnight on September 10. Nominations can be made online at https://wyomingbusinessreport/womenofinfluence.
Anyone may nominate a candidate, but the nominees must live and work in Wyoming. All nominations must be complete, as incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
The final honorees will be selected by the WBR publisher and event producers in consultation with past Wyoming Women of Influence alumni. Neither individuals who nominate candidates, or the candidates themselves, will be part of the selection panel.
We prohibit unlawful discrimination against nominees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
For any questions:
Northern Wyoming contact:
Southern Wyoming contact:
What happens once the nominations close?
Once the nomination process is complete, the WBR staff will initiate the Honoree selection process.
Past honorees will have the opportunity to review the submissions in their award category and share their selection for the honor.
The WBR Editor and event producers will review all submissions and factor in the past honoree selections to determine the 2021 Women of Influence Honorees.
The 2021 Women of Influence nominees will be featured in the annual Women of Wyoming magazine presented by the Wyoming Business Report. The magazine will be distributed statewide beginning October 16th.
The Wyoming Business Report will announce the 2021 Women of Influence Honorees via a digital presentation scheduled to open to viewers on the Wyoming Business Report Women of Influence website at the end of October.
The 2021 Women of Influence Honorees will be featured in the November Wyoming Business Report publication.
Advertising opportunities are available in the Women of Wyoming magazine and the November Wyoming Business Report publication.
Northern Wyoming contact:
Southern Wyoming contact:
Women of Influence Alumni Honorees 2013 - 2020
- 2020 – Bobbie Frank, Executive Director, Wyoming Association of Conservation Districts
- 2019 - Elizabeth “Betty” Kail, District Judge, 9th Judicial District Court, Wyoming [awarded posthumously]
- 2018 – Susan McMurry Samuelson, Owner, Warren Livestock Ranch
- 2017 – Ann Redman, founder of the Wyoming Latina Youth Conference and a trustee for the Wyoming Women’s Foundation, Cheyenne
- 2016 – Ray Fleming Dinneen, Psy. D., Founder and Executive Director,
- 2015 – Clarene Law, CEO, Elk Country Hotels; former state legislator
- 2014 – Linda Fabian, Executive Secretary, Wyoming Historical Society
- 2013 – Lynne Birleffi, President, Wyoming Associations and Government Affairs Network
- 2020 – Natalia Johnson, Owner/Director, Abundance Creative Arts
- 2019 - Dr. Lindsey Reynolds, Executive Director, Cheyenne Symphony
- 2020 – Ann Nelson, Wyoming and Colorado Market President, Western States Bank
- 2019 - Judy Lane, Senior Vice President, Wyoming Bank and Trust
- 2018 – Amber Hestla-Barnhart, Owner, Chief Options Strategist, Hestla Research
- 2017 – Kay Jones, Chairman, First Western Trust, Jackson
- 2016 – Stephanie Teubner, CEO, Blue Federal Credit Union
- 2015 – Kim DeVore, Director and Chief Finance Officer, Jonah Bank of Wyoming, Casper
- 2014 – Karen Saunders, President, Laramie Mortgage, Laramie
- 2013 – Kim Withers, President and CEO, Meridian Trust FCU, Cheyenne
- 2018 – Laura Morrow, Owner, Laura M. Gallery
- 2017 – Jill Kline, State Director, Wyoming Small Business Development Center, Laramie
- 2016 – Angie Guyon, General Manager, Wyoming Dinosaur Center, Thermopolis
- 2015 – Cheryl Harrelson, President/Owner, Steady Stream Hydrology Inc., Sheridan
- 2014 – Jennifer Merrill, President, VCN/Merrill Inc., Cheyenne
- 2013 – Merrie Elsberry, President, A thru Z Document Destruction, Cheyenne
- 2020 – Laura Capasso, Behavioral Scientist, University of Wyoming Family Medicine
- 2019 - Lynette St. Clair, Native American Education Coordinator, Fremont County School District 21, Fort Washakie School
- 2018 – Wendy Smith, Assistant VP of Strategic Communications and Public Relations, Northern Wyoming Community College District
- 2017 – Peg Monteith, Director of Student Services, Park County Schools, Cody
- 2016 – Kim Byrd, Vice President for Student Services, Casper College
- 2015 – Stacy Broda, State Advisor, Wyoming FFA Association, Cheyenne
- 2014 – Brenda Creel, Principal, Alta Vista Elementary School, Cheyenne
- 2013 – Glenda Reynolds, Delta Kappa Gamma International, Convention Chairperson for the Northwest Region, Cheyenne
Energy and Utilities
- 2020 – Lori Neibauer, Gas Operations Supervisor, Black Hills Energy
- 2019 - Brenda Morgan, Training Director, Wyoming Electrical Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee
- 2018 – Deby Forry, Sr. VP of Risk Management, Trihydro Corp.
- 2017 – Wendy Holly Lowe, Owner/Government Relations Consultant, Wendy Lowe Consulting
- 2016 – Alison Ochs Gee, Manager, Specialty Sales and Business Development, Cloud Peak Energy
- 2015 – Laurel Vicklund, Senior Environmental Scientist, Peabody Energy, Gillette
- 2014 – Brenda Schladweiler, President, BKS Environmental, Gillette
- 2013 – Carol Macy, CFO, High West Energy, Pine Bluffs
- 2020- Jen Simon, CEO/Founder, Wyoming Women’s Action Network/Principal Consultant, JM Simon Consulting
- 2020 – Rachel Leger, Co-Owner, The Prairie Rose
- 2019 - Caroline Shanor, Owner and Founder, The Shanor Group LLC
Government and Economic Development
- 2020 – Korin Schmidt, Director, Wyoming Department of Family Services
- 2020 – Rebecca Reid, Laramie County Coroner
- 2019 - Erin Campbell, Wyoming State Geologist, Wyoming State Geological Survey
- 2018 – Lynn Budd, Chief Security Division, Wyoming Office of Homeland Security
- 2017 – Wyoming Senator Affie Ellis, Principal, Ellis Public Affairs LLC
- 2016 – Gay Woodhouse, Woodhouse Roden Nethercott LLC
- 2015 – Ella Kubicz, Drug Chemistry Unit Supervisor, Wyoming State Crime Lab, Cheyenne
- 2014 – Marilyn Kite, Wyoming Supreme Court Justice, Jackson
- 2013 – Deborah Baumer, Director, Office of Administrative Hearings, State of Wyoming, Cheyenne
- 2020 – Amy Surdam, FNP/Chief Operating Officer, Stitches Acute Care Center
- 2020 - Beth Robitaille, Chief Medical Officer, Educational Health Center of Wyoming/Designated Institutional Officer, University of Wyoming
- 2019 – Mary Burman, Professor, University of Wyoming
- 2018 – Tracy Garcia, Chief Nursing Officer, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 2017 – Stacey Cook, Practice Administrator, Stitches Acute Care Center
- 2016 – J’Laine “Jill” Proctor, FNP, PMHNP, DNP, UW Pathways, Downtown Clinic
- 2015 – Phyllis Sherard, Chief Strategy Officer /VP, Population Health Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Cheyenne
- 2014 – Wendy Curran, Senior Director, Care Delivery and Coordination, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cheyenne
- 2013 – Vickie Diamond, President and CEO, Wyoming Medical Center, Casper
- 2020 – Claudia Wade, Executive Director, Park County Travel Council
- 2019 - Diane Shober, Executive Director, Wyoming Office of Tourism
- 2018 – Renee Penton-Jones, General Manager, Ramkota Hotel
- 2017 – Harmony Savoia, Director of Sales and Marketing, Hilton Garden Inn of Laramie
- 2016 – Debbie Disney-Pummel, General Manager, Timberline Hospitalities LLC
- 2015 – Judith Blair, Vice President, Blair Hotels, Cody
- 2014 – Paula McCormick, President, McCormick Marketing, Lander
- 2013 – Christine Hill, Director of Revenue, Timberline Hospitalities LLC, Casper
- 2020 – Nancy Freudenthal, U. S. District Court Judge, District of Wyoming
- 2019 - Megan Overmann Goetz, Member/Owner of Pence and MacMillan LLC
Manufacturing/Science and Technology
- 2020 – Traci Kubasti, Senior Vice President, Global Services Center at Green House Data
- 2019 - Sara Spann, Machine Tool Technology Instructor, Sheridan College
- 2018 – Erin Moore, CEO/Partner, Gannet Peak Technical Services
- 2017 – Becky Heyward Cooper, Vice President of Production, Kennon Products Inc.
- 2016– Cindy Johnson, President and CEO, Mobilitat, Green River
- 2015 – Dena Mills, Owner, Bearlodge Forest Products, Hulett
- 2014 – Mona Gamboa, CEO, Happy Jack Software, Laramie
- 2013 – Karen Hostetler and Valerie Spanos, Owners, Mountain Meadow Wool Mill, Buffalo
Media and Communications
- 2020 – Lindsay Malicoate, Marketing and Social Media Specialist, SweetwaterNOW
- 2019 - Melissa Cassutt, Deputy Editor, JH News and Guide
- 2020 – Robin Bocanerga, Executive Director, COMEA House and Resource Center
- 2020 – Deneica Barrett, Co-founder, Wind River Grow Our Own 307
- 2019 – Kate Wright, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity of Laramie
- 2018 – Donna Sheen, Director, The Wyoming Children’s Law Center
- 2017 – Britney Wallesch, Founder/Executive Director, Black Dog Animal Rescue
- 2016 – Samin Dadelahi, COO, Wyoming Community Foundation, Laramie
- 2015 – Pip Coe, Alumni and Development Director, National Outdoor Leadership School, Lander
- 2014 – Connie Sloan Cathcart, Executive Director, United Way of Laramie County, Cheyenne
- 2013 – Erin Taylor, Director, Wyoming Taxpayer’s Association, Cheyenne
Real Estate, Construction and Land Development
- 2020 – Kim Sutherland, Associate Broker/Owner, #1 Properties
- 2019 - Lindsey Norman, Project Manager, Merrill, Inc.
- 2020 – Christina Hiegel, Senior Engineer, Trihydro Corporation
- 2019 - Kristy Nielson, Chief Nursing Officer, Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County, Rock Springs
- 2018 – Marjorie Bedessem, Senior Engineer, Trihydro Corporation
- 2017 – Liza Millet, Founder/Board Member, Silicon Couloir
Best Company to Work For
- 2018 – Hirst Applegate, LLP
- 2017 – Wyoming Community Foundation